Join our email list now, and enter drawing for free Gift Cards!
Enter our "Masked!" Short Writing Challenge!
$500 in Prizes!
Age Group 1: 12 and under
Age Group 2: 13 – 17
Age Group 3: 18+
1 Grand Prize of $100
3 Second Place Awards of $50
10 Third Place Awards of $25
How to Enter Challenge
Only $2.95 to enter this month!
Submit your writing sample in Google Document format, Docx, Text, or PDF format. (Put Submit link here.)
Guidelines for "Masked!" Poetry & Short Story Writing Challenge:
Entry Dates: Oct 1st – Dec 7th 2021
Creativity and imagination should not limited by age. All age groups are welcome to enter!
Awards to be announced by December 15th
Rules for Contest:
Write a poem (minimum of 15 lines) about a mask(s) or veil (for the face). It can be fiction or nonfiction. Research and include something in your poem about the symbolism and implications of a face mask or veil.
Write a short story, one to three pages lone, 500 – 1,500 words, fiction or nonfiction. Research and include something in your story about the symbolism and implications of a face mask or veil.
Judges will look for:
1. Originality and creativity
2. Inclusion of background info on uses and implications of masks
3. Poetry can be free form, or follow conventional styles.
4. Story with beginning, middle and end. Follow grammatical rules.
5. Willingness through your writing to tackle and explore today’s relevant issues, offering your perspectives and potential solutions.